Best Fruits for Weight Loss Daisy
Do you love fruit? Apples, bananas, kiwi, berries, melon you name it, I love it! This time of year fruit is plentiful but, could you be ruining your clean-eating with too much fruit? YES! Like I have mentioned before, 2-3 servings of fruit should be your limit for the day. Despite the fact that fruits contain antioxidants and other healthy vitamins and minerals. Fruit=sugar and sugar is BAD! It’s important to know that all fruit is not created equal. Here is a list of the best fruits to eat without ruining your clean-eating habits.
1. Coconut: Coconut is a medium-chain triglyceride, which can actually help speed up your metabolism! I personally use coconut oil EVERYDAY!
2. Watermelon: Watermelon aids in hydration and is also loaded with vitamins A and C. It is also low in calories, so it won’t hurt the waistline!
3. Avocado: One of my absolute favorites! Not only is it a fruit, but it is a healthy fat and very versatile! Avocado is higher is calories (one quarter has 65 calories), so be sure to eat in moderation.
4. Berries: Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries all are higher in fiber and vitamins! Berries also aid in digestion and detoxification. Serving sizes should stay around 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup.
5. Oranges: We all know oranges are loaded with vitamin C, but they also contain a hefty dose of fiber. One study from Australia also showed that oranges help you feel more full and can help you eat less during the day.
Keep in mind that it is always better to grab a piece of fruit instead of a piece of cake, so just because your favorite fruit isn’t on the list doesn’t mean you have to completely eliminate it from your diet. MODERATION is key! One important tip to keep in mind is to keep dried fruits to a minimum. Fruits that are higher in carbohydrates should also be kept to a minimum and should also be eaten early in the day. These include: banana, plum, pear, kiwifruit, pineapple, mango, grape, and fig. I hope this info helps!